Vision and Mission
VisionLaying foundations for life through the continuous pursuit of excellence.
- Our Mission is to build a sound foundation upon which all children achieve their potential. We do this by encouraging children to explore, experiment and express themselves thereby stimulating deeper thinking through engaging learning experiences.
- We provide opportunities for personal, social and emotional development and nurture children through the GEMS Core Values which reflect the KGS core values and competencies.
- The understanding of the Emirati culture and its contribution to the learning experiences is key to the success of the vision. Through effective engagement and collaboration with the local community and organizations, our students strive to meet the National Agenda Goals of the UAE and the Sustainable Development Goals of the world.
- We provide our students with varied learning experiences and leadership opportunities to become critically engaged citizens dedicated to solving problems creatively, thus contributing positively to the global community, laying foundations for life.
Our Educational Approach
The Kindergarten Starters is a preeminent creative school where research and design drives approaches to learning, addressing issues of urbanization, technological change, economic empowerment, sustainability and globalization through effective engagement to meet social needs. In doing so we will be laying foundations for life through the continuous pursuit of excellence.
We will fulfill our mission by extending our legacy as a non-traditional school, nimble and responsive to change that:
- Places the learner at the center of the educational experience.
- Focuses on building innovative solutions to contemporary issues.
- Prioritizes humanity and culture in designing systems and environments to improve the human condition, an approach that draws from design thinking and the liberal, creative and performing arts.
Our vision, values and mission align itself with the shifts in the global economy, society and environment and drive our bespoke learning approaches outlined below:
- Inspired by the PERMAH model of wellbeing, we follow a holistic approach to learning and build stimulating learning environments that foster children’s physical, personal, social, emotional, intellectual, cultural and spiritual wellbeing.
- The Expeditionary Learning approach across the school provides learning experiences in real life contexts and embeds life-long learning.
- The Visible Learning approach, Harvard Graduate School of Education, aims to make student thinking visible in lessons through structured and research based thinking routines and tools.
- The Reggio Emilia enquiry inspired approach in the Early Years provides a wide range of opportunities to all students for free exploration and learning through purposeful play.
- The Multi-disciplinary STEAM approach ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) to learning in the Primary Phase lends itself to Problem-based learning using the Design Thinking process to build solutions to local and global problems.
- The Blended Learning approach equips and empowers our students with 21st century skills that make inconceivable learning possible thus preparing them for future careers that do not exist today.
- The Sustainable Learning approach to life and learning at KGS enables learners and the wider communities to build a socially-just, sustainable and equitable society.
Most importantly all our learning approaches aim at educating the head, heart and hands and are shaped by the core values and principles that have distinctly defined our past - building communities of Empathy, Kindness, Tolerance, Philanthropy, Sustainability and Innovation.